Sunday, February 1, 2015

Licorice root, my experience so far.

I had made a post about my supplement experiences and now I'm half way in my long cycle.  This will be an update on my experience with licorice root so far.

I took 2 pills 3x a day with meals from cd 2-9.  I had an average flow of 7 days.  Good to know the licorice root didn't affect my flow.  I had no sx while taking the supplement.  I also took my standard prenatal and vit d3 with the licorice root.

I began testing with opks on cd 8.  I received the darkest line early in my cycle ever.  Normally I don't see a second test line until cd 18 or more even when I took clomid.  On cd 9 (the last day of my licorice root regimen) I received an almost positive opk (pic included).  I thought for sure I'd be like some of the ladies and O the next day after my last day taking them.

I came home that evening late on cd 9 so I didn't test at my normal 5pm time.  I tested at 830pm and the line was lighter.  Confused, I continued to test twice sometimes 3 times a day.  The test line continued to get lighter...  Now I'm on cd 19 and have yet to receive a positive opk in fact the test line is gone.  I've also been bbt temping and FF gave me CH on cd 11.  But i didnt have a pos opk and now on cd 19 I am certain ewcm is back.

I had ewcm the earliest ever in my cycle.  I did the water test (putting your cm in the water to determine if it dissolves or sinks in a ball form) and each time I thought I had ewcm I did.  I had ewcm from cd 8-12 and then it turned sticky to creamy and now on cd 19 it's returned confirmed with the water test.

My temp has remained between 97.30-97.66 for the last 8 days.  Post O temps for me range from 97.80-98.60 so I am confident I didn't O yet.  Either way I bd just in case after my near pos and occasionally over the last 8 days. 

There's hardly any info out there of experiences or trials regarding licorice root so I'm unable to compare my experiences to any one else's.  I have decided to continue testing with opks and temping. 

The true test for me will be if my flow just comes as usually on cd 36 ( or what would be considered cd 1) or if i begin spotting at cd 29.  Here's to hoping the next 10 days go smoothly.  An update will again follow in the next 2 weeks.

As always ladies whom ever may read this, good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment